This position is responsible for the installation of new Invisible Fence® Systems and for the servicing of existing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows installation and service schedule as determined by the Sales/Service Center.
- Installs Invisible Fence System including laying wire, mounting equipment, flagging the property, reviewing the installation with the customer, and conducting training for the dog or cat.
- Services existing systems identifying problems and making the necessary repairs.
- Calls into the Sales and Service Center three times a day to report on progress and pick up messages.
- Completes contracts with serial numbers, installation map, customer checklist, and method of payment.
- Prepares customer invoice and collects payment at the time of service.
- Tracks time with customer, amount charged, amount paid.
- Obtains inventory needed weekly and loads into the van.
- Cleans company van weekly and maintains equipment.
- Obtains referrals from customers to be turned over to Sales Representatives.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
High School Diploma or equivalency and some related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience would be helpful.
- Invisible Fence Brand Product Knowledge helpful
- Ability to operate power tools (i.e. Stehl saw to cut concrete, electric drill and trencher)
- Ability to keep timely and accurate records
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills required for dealing with the customers
- Breed knowledge helpful
- Technical aptitude, trouble shooting skills, and problem solving skills required for servicing existing systems
- Ability to be flexible and to work as part of a team
- Valid Driver's License
- Extremely physical work including climbing, walking, digging, and loading and unloading the van
- Frequently requires lifting of up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds
- Frequently working outdoors and exposed to all types of weather conditions
- Frequently using power tools and exposed to noise and dirt
- Frequently driving to customers' homes
- Frequently working with customers' dogs or cats